We love fall here at simply plant food, so making this fall recipe was so fun and delicious. We also decided to team up with a bunch of other youtubers, who also love plants and have made the commitment to not harm animals, to help the environment and to improve their health!
Chick-un Roasted Pumpkin Wrap Recipe Video (just click on the picture below to watch the video)
Chick-un Roasted Pumpkin Wrap Instructions:
- One block of extra firm or firm tofu! (make sure it is non-gmo and organic)
- Drain the tofu and cut in long strips and put in a container with a lid.
- Add spices, we chose 2 tablespoons of Braggs Soy Sauce and teaspoon of Pepper Tree Spice Sensational 16 Spice Blend (no salt but so yummy).
- Let this marinate while you get your pumpkin ready.
- We used our airfryer to cook the tofu. (see video)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- One medium size pumpkin; look for the ones usually generically labeled “sugar pumpkins” or “pie pumpkins.”
- Cut them in 1 to 1-1/2 inch strips (see video).
- Spray very lightly with oil (least amount of oil, the better).
- Add a spice you like, we chose a medium curry, so yummy!!!
- Put in the oven 25 to 20 minutes.
- After it has cooled, scrap pumpkin in bowl and mash for the wrap.
- Get your wrap ready.
- Spread plain hummus on wrap.
- Put on a piece of romaine lettuce.
- Spread a layer of roasted pumpkin.
- Put Chick-un Tofu strips on top.
- We put onions but you could put whatever you like or just stop at tofu strips!
We both were amazed at how the flavours turned out! They were a perfect combination of flavour and texture! This is the best wrap we have ever eaten! Hands down the best!!
Please try this recipe out, its the best! Let us know in the comment below if you tried it, if you tweaked it or any suggestions!!
We would love to introduce you to these 5 awesome Youtube Channels!!! You just have to click on their picture and it will take you to their channel and that recipe!
The Jouradi Family ~ Recipe: Cauliflower Steaks.
Team Broccoli – Pumpkin Spice French Toast
Vegan Wife Life – Chil
VegInspired – Kathy – No Bake Pumpkin Pie
Soul in the Raw – Butternut Squash Soup
Lets us know in the comments below if you checked out their channel and what you thought of their recipes!!